Friday, 11 May 2007

The spiritual aspect

I started out this blog to jot down my thoughts and happenings in my life. It did not started out or meant to be a buddhist blog, but I guess during certain times, there are many articles on my spiritual encounters and Buddhism. I guess it was what I am experiencing right now, the spiritual aspect. While I may not be that well off "materialistically" speaking, I can say I am certainly growing richer spiritually.

Like what Lama Zopa Rinpoche said earlier, the rich has so many worries, so many burdens, worries on their reputation and fame etc... but they cant bring anything with them when they die, absolutely nothing. They worry so much about their daily life that they dont have time to practise Dharma, to benefit others. In comparison, "a beggar has no baggage, no money, no worries when he leaves the world ... nothing... he only has his stick the beggar", chuckled Rinpoche.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...