Thursday, 16 December 2010

My guru is coming! Lama Zopa Rinpoche's 2011 teaching programme

I am so happy because once again, my precious root guru, Lama Zopa Rinpoche is coming  to Singapore in February 2011, during the CNY period. The teaching program has been confirmed. In fact, next year will be a busy year as a number of masters/gurus will be coming to Singapore for teachings.  His Holiness Dagyab Rinpoche will be arriving in January for teachings in Gaden Shartse Dro Phen Ling and the Suntec event.  Lama Zopa Rinpoche will be arriving in February to give teachings and empowerments in Amitabha Buddhist Centre. There are a few other great masters who are coming but not convenient for me to reveal who at the moment. 

If you are attending Lama Zopa Rinpoche's teachings for the first time, it is worthy to mention that Rinpoche is a very unique teacher who does not adhere to timings or the text. Rinpoche is well known for teaching long hours into the night. I have attended his teachings and initiations, and the longest I have ever sat in one session was probably 16 hours (from 7pm over night to the next morning 11am!).  Rinpoche is very meticulous and he teaches what is karmically beneficial for his audience.  Do you know that my guru never sleep? He is always in meditation or teaching or giving advice to those who needs him. He can easily teach 6-10 hours continously without leaving his throne seat for a break, while us students probably need to take 3-4 breaks in between. That is why I have immense respect for my precious guru.

Lama Zopa Rinpoche teaches in English but take note that for those new to him, you may have initial difficulties in understanding Rinpoche. I remember long ago, when my younger cousin and I first attended Rinpoche's teaching, my cousin was so not used to the what turned out to be a 6-hour long session that night, hence that was the first and last time he attended Lama Zopa's teaching.  As for me, on the other hand, I was so touched and in tears when I first saw Rinpoche, and so I was blissfully contented just to bask in the presence of such a rare guru for as long as possible.  I believe his thousands and thousands of students around the world share the same sentiments as me. Through Rinpoche, he gives us the opportunity to practice impermanence (last minute changes of the teaching topic), to let go of attachment and practice patience (for the long hours anticipated!). Do not miss this opportunity to connect with an authentic teacher.

Rinpoche with a rainbow in Portland, United States
Here is Lama Zopa Rinpoche's finalised programme in ABC, Singapore.

3 Feb 2011, 10am - CNY Blessing by Lama Zopa Rinpoche

5,6 Feb 2011, 7.30pm - Medicine Buddha Initiation

8,9,10,12 Feb 2011 - Commentary on Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga

13 Feb 2011, 9.30am - Long Life Puja for Lama Zopa Rinpoche

14 Feb 2011, 7.30pm - Namgyalma Initiation

For the detailed explanation of each teaching/initiation, click here.

I can't wait to see you in one month's time, Rinpoche! The countdown begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...