Saturday, 31 December 2011

Round up of 2011. May your path be bright and auspicious in 2012!

I'm overwhelmed by so many posts online from fellow bloggers and tweeps on new year greetings and their resolutions etc.... so here's my obligatory round up this year.

2011 has not been an easy year for me in all areas. So I am glad it is OVER as it had been a "blind" year. The Chinese New Year is coming and the last one seemed to have just passed not so long ago. Although I do not like the Dragon, I'm all ready to face the new year head on, as during the previous Dragon year 12 years ago, I did made some money.

Got reunited with a whole bunch of former classmates from primary and secondary school, all thanks to Facebook. We have not met each other for decades and I think everyone looks even prettier now, and that is the truth. It has been nostalgic and exhilarating reminiscing about our childhood and sharing about our lives right now. We remember fondly of our English teacher Mrs Quahe in Primary 3, and all of us hated our Chinese teacher 叶老师 who seemed to have scolded or beaten almost all of us with a ruler in those days. We are planning a huge gathering soon.

Legendary icon Elizabeth Taylor, and technology guru, Steve Jobs, passed on, leaving behind legions of fans. I can't say that of the demise of Osama bin Laden and Kim Jong Il though...

My guru Lama Zopa Rinpoche had a stroke in April and thankfully he is recovering well. Another guru, Kyabje Lama Lhundrup, whom I will always remember affectionately as "Khenrinpoche" (being the previous abbot of Kopan monastery), entered into Parinirvana in September and manifested a myraid of relics. I am still waiting for the reincarnation of yet another guru who left us in 2010, Kyabje Lati Rinpoche. I met and made connection with 4 new gurus who gave me initiations in 2011; namely Kyabje Choden Rinpoche, His Holiness Sakya Trizin, Kyabje Dagri Rinpoche, and Khensur Rinpoche Sonam Palsang. I am also excited to have met up with little Phuntsok Rinpoche again and to receive his blessings. Phuntsok Rinpoche is the reincarnation of the Great Mahasiddha, Geshe Lama Konchog. I was disappointed to read lots of news and happenings online and from some friends about fake gurus in our midst in these degenerated times. May all have the karmic affinity to meet only authentic gurus, virtuous friends. 

Made plenty of Dharma friends in 2011. Except for a couple of them, most of them are so kind, supportive and are good practitioners and examples according to the Dharma. I am very fortunate to have been connected to them.  I would also like to thank my blog's readers whom I have become friends with. I am so glad that through this blog, the Dharma has helped them in resolving their problems one way or another. This year, I have found somewhere most holy where I hope I have the good karma to die there next time. I am so blessed to have met many gurus and benefactors who have helped me in so many different ways. Even those so-called 'enemies' taught me a lesson or two.
The last quarter of 2011 was the most drastic with change. To be able to feel the extremes of happiness and sadness at the same time got to be some kind of a blessing. All my negative karma ripened at the same time and yet I was able to have it purified during a retreat. I have also gained a couple of close friends, the kind of special genuine friendship which I have not felt for a long time. Friends without an agenda. 

The last 2 months of 2011 I decided to become a vegetarian for 100 days. I usually do a veg diet for short periods both for spiritual and health reasons. The main motivation of doing this is not to kill and eat more sentient beings who have been kind to me in all my previous lifetimes. And in doing that, it also helps in saving the environment we live in. Further more, as a result of not eating meat, I do not feel so bloated after each meal, my body is cleansed and pure, I feel more healthy and I've managed to slim down a little. My pants have become loose. 

Last but not least, I am thankful and grateful to my family for being so supportive and understanding despite my many faults. May I be able to repay their kindness within this lifetime. 

May your path be bright and auspicious in 2012! Happy New Year!
400 light offerings in Gaden Shartse Dro-Phen Ling before the new year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...