Wednesday 4 April 2007

Mee mee mee mee....

I don't know why. Nowadays I have craving for fried noodles every other day. And being in Singapore, the makan haven, we have noodles in so many different forms, cooked in so many different ways, it's hard not to be sucked in.

It can be like Hokkien Prawn Mee with prawns and slices of sotong and bean sprouts with a dash of chilli and lime. Or Stir-fried Hokkien Noodles with dark sauce, with caixin, mushrooms, slices of fishcake and pork. Or it can be the Chinese Mee Goreng, fried with prawns and sotong and fish (the one difference its fried together with chilli added in). Then there is the Ee Fu Noodle found in many Chinese restaurants. The dish is quite plain with just mushrooms and veggie but taste heavenly.

My mom's version of Ee Fu Noodle is also nice, with plain mushrooms and pork. Another is the one I have since childhood, available only in the wet markets or hawker stalls, its the stir fried dark sauce noodles with very little beansprouts and slices of fried chips. I have it almost every Sunday morning and it costs just 70cents per pack.

Other times I will crave for the Indian Mee Goreng, with green peas and tiny pieces of mutton, and carrots and veggie with slices of cucumber topped with ketchup and with occasional sunny side up egg. Last but not least there is the Seafood Spagetti I like too, with either prawns, crayfish, mussels or sotong. I guess its the different taste of each noodle dish, and the tangy bite of the noodles itself that make up this craving.

Perhaps its close-to-home comfort food to me, all these noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...