Wednesday 20 August 2008

Yesterday once more


I think I have both of my parents' features, although I tend to look more like my mom. I think both my parents look ok when they were younger. Mom looked hilarious with her super thick black rim glasses and dad looked trendy with his Elvis "curry-pok" hairdo. I notice when I was young, my mom kept my hair short all the time, I think for the practical reason of being easier to manage. I never did have long hair when I was a baby/toddler/kid, otherwise I think it would be curly and thick. And my mom did not have time to dress me up, as both of my parents are always working, I guess that's why I looked like a boy with my short hair.

I was taken care of by my paternal grandpa. And because he doted me a lot, he would buy me anything from toys to crayons to drawing board, to even guns! When my grandpa was babysitting me in the day time, bringing me to childcare center, he would also bring me with him everywhere he went, to the neighbourhood park, visiting his friends, going to town, and everywhere. He would bring me to eat my favourite dark fried noodles selling by the roadside. My mom said she remembered each morning she would bathed me and dressed up clean. But usually by the evening, when my grandpa brought me home from his walks, I would be so dirty with untidy unkempt hair.

Also I remember since I was a baby, I discovered I have a pair of thick long fleshy ears. Whenever I am drinking my milk from the bottle, I would rub my thick and smooth ear lobes before I could fall asleep. I did not need a pacifier at all. This is called, self entertainment, haha!


When I was young, I'd listen to the radio
Waitin' for my favorite songs
When they played I'd sing along
It made me smile.

Those were such happy times
And not so long ago
How I wondered where they'd gone
But they're back again
Just like a long lost friend
All the songs I loved so well.

Every Sha-la-la-la
Every Wo-o-wo-o
Still shines
Every shing-a-ling-a-ling
That they're startin' to sing's
So fine.

All my best memories
Come back clearly to me
Some can even make me cry.
Just like before
It's yesterday once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...