Wednesday 12 November 2008

Battle of the smses


Early this morning, I received 1st sms from a friend telling me about her encounter with a stranger in the MRT, she went on to describe the stranger in full detail yadah yadah yadah.... (the sms was very long).

Then followed by 2nd sms from the same friend, about feeling guilty about her criticism of the stranger's looks, and how she shared with her colleagues the same story, and their reaction..... yadah yadah yadah..... (the sms was very long).

Then yet another 3rd sms from the same friend again, about how her colleagues like her stories and how they felt she should start her blog about her funny stories about strangers she met... yadah yadah yadah.... (the sms was long).

So I replied .....

Me: Yes maybe you should start a blog to share your stories. I have been blogging almost 4 years liao.

Friend: Yes you told me.

Me: Oh, did I give you my blog address then?

Friend: (after 3 hours interval) You very long-winded you know.

Me: Goodness, I just asking only. Your smses even longer hor.

Friend: Ok next time no more. You ding dong.

Me: ...................!!!??? (felt so 委屈 and ridiculous)

Lesson learnt:

1. We should just learn to be a listener and be mute. Maybe friend wants to be the one "talking" but did not wish to have any response from her "audience".

2. Can anyone tell me the definition of "long-winded" ???? I admit I can be long-winded sometimes, but surely not this incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...