Monday 3 November 2008

Debt free


Between the past Saturday and Sunday, within 24 hours, I attended 3 pujas, as it was a special occasion. I was so tired last night but I did sleep very soundly throughout the night, with nice dreams.

It is quite common for me to feel exhausted after each session of puja, because that's when all your troubles and obstacles, fears and difficulties are being eradicated, with the help of Rinpoche and so many lamas (28 to be exact). It is also the opportunity to clear your entanglements with karmic debtors who have come to make demands in this lifetime, and at the same time, placate those future debtors, prevent future obstacles from ripening, as well as to seek blessings from the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas and Dharma protectors. In addition, pujas help to create more merits for yourself as well as your loved ones. There are many types of pujas from different Buddhas and Bodhisattvas for different purposes.

For the past 6 months or so, I have not had the chance to attend pujas because the center was undergoing renovations, and even when they started about one and a half months ago, I could not attend as something would always crop up at the last minute which prevented me from going...... until the arrival of Lati Rinpoche. On hindsight, now I know why I have encountered some of those obstacles and met some undesirable people these past 6 months. Eventhough I have always taken precautions by sorting out advise and help from others beforehand, I was still beset with obstacles. Sometimes in some ways, even people who could help you, could not. Some things that are meant to happen will still happen, no matter how hard I tried to prevent them.

That is why I can fully appreciate pujas. And I feel as light as feather, knowing my problems can be resolved, if I have the faith and enough merits. So we should try to create many merits and to perform good deeds all the time. Who wouldn't want to be debt-free, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...