Wednesday 23 November 2005

Experiencing the masters

Today is an auspicious day. It is the day where Buddha descended from Nirvana, hence any meritious actions will multiply 10 million times over. It also happened to be the 80th birthday of the sage, Sai Baba.

By chance, I had chanced upon the newspaper advert announcing where Sai Baba's birthday celebrations will take place. So I went to check it out. I do not know why I went. Maybe because I was curious. And also because he appeared in my dream recently. It was just an instinct reaction. Many people were there chanting mantras, and many worshippers were also Chinese, which took me by surprise. Anyhow, at the altar where Sai Baba's photo was, it struck me that it was the same pose as he had appeared in my dream. Both his hands were raised slightly, as if to bless you. In my dream, he had raised his hands and blessed me on my head, with his omniscient smile. I was asking someone there if they have a photo of Sai Baba wearing white gown. She said normally Sai Baba wears saffron orange gown. Only for special occasions then he will be in white, like today, he was wearing a white gown on his birthday. In my dream, he was indeed in white gown. I was also elated that I was given small packs of his vibhuti white holy ash. It was so fragrant smelling.

In the afternoon, I went for the puja of Padma Benza in the afternoon and also to receive the initiation in the evening. Padma Benza is the name of Guru Rinpoche and Padmasambhava, the founder of Buddhism in Tibet. Padmasambhava had a miraculous birth, having sprung from a multicolored lotus in the form of an eight-year-old child. Padmasambhava was a historical teacher, who is said to have finally converted Tibet to Buddhism. He was a renowned scholar and meditator. Padmasambhava was predicted by Shakyamuni Buddha: "Fifteen years after my death, one will come with greater capacity than myself – one with the power to establish the teachings of Vajrayana in the world." Padmasambhava subdued all the negative forces which had caused obstacles to the establishment of the teachings. He was an emanation of Amitabha, the Buddha of Infinite Light who represents the indestructible speech of all the Buddhas. He was known as the "second Buddha".

I was given the empowerment by the well-known H.E. 2nd Beru Khyentse Rinpoche. I also saw 43 precious relics which he brought with him for this event, many of which are more than 1000 years old and miraculously created. I circumambulated the relics many times which gave me unbelievably immense blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...