Sunday 3 February 2008

Last day



Today is the last day of the piggy year. Although 7 Feb is the official CNY which we celebrate, however tomorrow 4 Feb is 立春 which means the start of Spring. So, technically speaking, the year of the Rat will kick in tomorrow.


The year of the piggy was a mixed period for me, with its ups and downs. From getting to know friends better to getting to know the downside of having gotten to know friends better. It was a hard experience for me towards the end of the Pig's tail, or as someone puts it, it "taught me a lesson". A sad disappointed lesson. After all the anger and frustration subsided, after the tears, after thinking through, and thinking hard, and after searching through my heart and conscience, I think I have done all I could as a friend, or even as a close friend. If I had done anything wrong, I had apologised again and again. So I should not have any regrets. The only regret was, perhaps the other party did not even treat me as a close and concerned friend. Maybe I was just a passerby, a stepping stone, just an acquaintance. With all my conscience, I have treated friends I like with concern and with a listening ear, buy stuff whom friends like, provided advise whenever I deem fit. Or just simply lift a hand up when one is down or sick. Or simply just provided the company sometimes. If all these gestures are ignored and forgotten and misunderstood, there is nothing I can do. I know I had done my best and enjoyed the good times. If some friends are not meant to be with me through my bad times, then it's just my luck, my karma (although I must say this is the first time this happened to me!). No one single friend has ever ever ever treated me as dirt before or hurt me as bad as this time. I will remember this forever but I will choose to believe this is not the end of the friendship. For now, I am just deeply hurt.

This is just one side of piggy year which I encounter and didnt like. I am not even going to talk about other personal down issues. But enough is enough. Think I have suffered enough.

So there, out with the piggy, welcome the rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...