Friday 12 February 2010

It has come

 
A couple of days ago, I was so happy to receive this bracelet of mala beads which are made of black semi-precious stones. This has been personally blessed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and hence a very significant gift to me. 

Then last night I just got the confirmation from ABC about the initiation of the sacred Yamantaka to be given by Lama Zopa Rinpoche from 15-17 Feb. Not anyone can receive this empowerment as this is a higher tantra initiation. So I was really happy mine was approved. It will be a 3-day nightly marathon as Rinpoche's teachings and initiations have historically run into the wee hours of the morning and even till  the next morning. Rinpoche teaches what is karmically beneficial to his audience and not according to time slots given.

Another teaching next week would be a 4-day commentary of Lama Tsongkhapa which is open to the public (19,21,22,23 Feb).  This is also something  rare and sacred which I am really looking forward to, because Rinpoche would be giving oral transmission. This practice of Lama Tsongkhapa is designed to draw us closer to our teachers and to open ourselves up to the blessings of their influence in our lives. The migtsema prayer (Tsongkhapa's mantra) has special power to remove obstacles to our practice and to generate wisdom, compassion and power. Here is Rinpoche's program in its entirety.

And to kick off CNY, I would be at DPL on CNY eve for the yearly 3-in-1 puja that will last till after midnight to herald in the new year. And on the first day of CNY, Lama Zopa Rinpoche would be in ABC to give personal blessings to each of us.  Hence I would be pretty busy to even do CNY visiting, and may also be missing in action from blogging (I may blog and tweet 'live' during the teachings though... haha!). Or I may schedule some posts in advance. So, don't miss me. *chuckle*

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...