Monday 6 April 2009

The dark horse

Hmm, I dreamt of Joanne Peh last night. I am not considered a fan of this actress, as I think I am too old for that and of "different generation". Although I never did have an idol, those celebrities belonging more to "my time" would be the likes of Zoe Tay, Fann Wong, Thomas Ong etc. I do not keep up to date with the current batch of Mediacorp princes and princesses.

However, from a very brief interaction with Joanne once, I do find her to be a very nice and friendly girl, with no snobbish air around her. More of the girl-next-door. She is someone who did put in extra effort in considering the feelings of people around her, which is something rare for a busy and upcoming top-rated celebrity. Belonging to one of the current batch of Caldecott princesses, I do find Joanne and the other princesses media-friendly, gracious and PR-savvy. Unlike the older days, where celebrities were deemed to be "beyond reach" and there was a mystified cloud around the big celebrities then.

The newer breed of actors and actresses seemed to be less controversy-prone, and the media seemed "kinder" with their reporting. Relationship with the media is more of a pro than con, compared to the older days. For example, we remember the media's fracas over Fann Wong's contract woes, and Quan Yi Fong's public brawl. Although Joanne recently had a minor misunderstanding with the press, which accused her of over-declaring her vital stats...umm, assets, I think generally, the younger actresses have it quite good in today's relationship with the public.

Anyway, back to my dream. I was in some place indoors. I saw a friend, P, sitting alone on a bench. She looked sad, and her face was serious and subdued. There were quite a number of people around. When P saw me, she almost broke down and she quickly got up and hugged me. In the dream, I asked "what's wrong?". But I think I was in a hurry or something, so I continued walking.

Then I saw Joanne who was talking to her assistant excitedly, laughing and smiling. When she saw me, she quickly waved her hand and beckoned me over. As I went over, she said we should take some photos together and she instructed her assistant to go somewhere to do something for her. Then with a mobile phone on hand, she took snapshots of us. Then some fans began to fill the place, and also wanted to take photos with her. As she busied herself talking to them, she passed me the mobile phone. When I tried to view the photos in the phone, I could not find them. Haha! Another weird dream.

To me, maybe the dream is a premonition that Joanne might win this year's Best Actress award this month, for her performance in Little Nonya, as the pitiful and mentally-distressed Yu Zhu. To me, she is a dark horse this year as Jeanette Aw would be the more hyped choice and widely tipped to win this award.

Anyway, good luck to them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...