Friday 24 April 2009

Jaw-dropping handsome or jaws dropped?

When I saw from Asia E News about the above guys being voted as Japan's Most Beautiful Men, my jaws dropped in disbelief. Apart from the last 2 who looked ok, the rest?? BTW the first one on top, Hiro Mizushima, was ranked first. Jaws dropped again.

Maybe I am getting old, but idols or celebrities nowadays no longer need looks? I don't know about their X-factor but based on looks alone, I don't know why they made it to the list.

The below are LOL8's, my personal favourites for the Most Handsome Men spanning across decades. They are not necessary from the entertainment circle. They are mostly good fellas who have aged beautifully or still in the process. They are the sort of manly men to me. One thing in common among these men - I like their nice jaws (somehow comparing them, their face shapes look similar after a while, maybe that is why I like them, haha). In short, they made me drool.
1. Miura Tomokazu 三浦友和
He is the most handsome Japanese actor to me when I was young. He is also the husband of the very famous actress/singer Momoe Yamaguchi 山口百恵. Both were the biggest stars in the late 1980s and left the limelight after their marriage. To me, Miura has wholesome boyish looks. However, my friends in those days preferred Masahiko "Matchy" Kondo.

2. Winston Chao 趙文瑄
He is a convincing Taiwanese actor known for his roles in The Wedding Banquet and also played Dr Sun Yat Sen twice. He was my hot favourite in those days with his dark eye brows and dimples, very manly, serious and suave.

3. Richard Gere

My all-time favourite American actor since Pretty Woman. To me he looked different from other Caucasian actors because he has such small slit eyes. In a way, he looked a little Asian. I think he has aged beautifully in his white hair and also has grown spiritually.

4. Alex Fong Chung Sun 方中信
He is a mature Hong Kong actor who appeared in many movies and TV shows. He is also a dead ringer for Richard Gere, hence he is known as the Richard Gere of HK. I am just attracted to his cool looks.

5. Wang Lee Hom 王力宏
He is a talented singer /idol based in Taiwan. He is a four-time Golden Melody Award-winning American singer-songwriter and actor who has achieved highly recognized success in Asia. A natural good-looker who will hopefully age beautifully next time.

6. Ashton Kutcher
An American actor and former fashion model. He is better known as the husband of Demi Moore. I don't know why I like his looks, but I think he appeared in a movie once (forgot what title) where he was extremely sexy.

7. Abhisit Vejjajiva
He is Thailand's new and young Prime Minister. Since many years ago when he was a MP, I noticed the unusually good-looking politician amid all the old men in office. He is actually a Thai Chinese from the Hakka origin. He has a certain magnetism which I find attractive. Maybe I like no-nonsense men.


8. Sheikh Hamdan
Nicknamed Fazza, he is the hereditary Prince of Dubai, and second eldest son of the King, Sheikh Mohammed. His pictures flaunting all over Dubai, it was hard not to notice the good-looker who is an attractive royal blood. He was a breath of fresh air among all the elderly sheikhs.


9. Michael Owen
I know nuts about football, but because of this handsome hunk, I supported Liverpool although I did not watch a single match. While people went crazy over Beckham, he is the more handsome one to me. And he has grown more charming as he gets older.

10. Enrique Iglesias
He is the Spanish singer-songwriter. I am not a fan and do not follow his music, but I think he has a quiet and soulful demeanor that is quite attractive. I am actually more a fan of his father, Julio Iglesias. His mole at the right of his nose reminds me of our Pierre Png.

11. Ji Jin Hee
He is a South Korean actor best known for his roles as lead actor in various drama serials, especially the highly popular and successful Dae Jang Geum. To me although he may not be as good looking as many other Korean actors (which I believe 90% went under the knife) but he appears more genuine and ernest which is something I find more endearing.

12. Dai Yang Tian 戴阳天
He is a new young actor in Singapore. After his performance in the hugely famous Little Nonya, he has gained popularity among many aunties and young girls. I feel he has the potential and believe he will look even better when he grows older and more mature.

Ok, I like men to be mature no matter what age they are. I utterly do not have a good impression of young men who like and breathe manga, comics, anime models etc... the whole works. It seems... err... a little too childish to be taken seriously. Who's gonna bring in the bacon then?

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I think all the E Asia News choices look like women, sort of pointy and delicate. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...