Sunday 10 May 2009

Mommy dearest

Happy Mommies' Day! We had a nice gathering with aunts and uncles and their families as well as the most important mother of all the mothers today, our grand dame, my Grandma. Yes, she is the one with the whole head of white hair, but she could still walk faster than anyone of us!

I was too busy to take pixs of the food and I hardly ate a lot too. We had tons of kueh kueh, tons of chicken pies, tons of tarts, huge pot of curry chicken (which Grandma insisted on cooking her famous curry), roasted duck, huge pot of fried bee hoon, tons of salad, huge pot of chin chow drink + soft drinks, huge pot of chap chye, thai salad, tons of fruits, chocolate fondue, and lots of snacks.

As usual, although not the entire entourage was around in Singapore, but it was many people still. We all clamoured to take pixs with Granny, all the womenfolk and the kids especially, while all the men sat and ate, watched TV and stayed low profile. Haha.

An aunt gave all the mothers each a red rose. I also bought a little gift for the mothers as well as the non-mothers. I feel that whether they are mothers or not, all the elderly women each deserved a little something for being a woman who works hard for their family, and who is each special in her own way.

"Mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune". ~ Graycie Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...