Saturday 5 September 2009

Keep smiling, keep shining

Just last night, a friend, S, was sharing with me this old video "That's What Friends Are For", a song sang by wonderful singers, Dionne Warwick and friends. It brought back warm memories of school days, as well as my good old friends.

I thought how appropriate that I dedicate this old-fashioned song to my buddy, Veggie. Today is her birthday. Veggie is my friend from primary school to secondary school to JC and till now. To Veggie, as well as all my other buddies - BE, Jess and Joan - I know at times, I may be a pain in the neck, and I am not as loud and chirpy as all of you. When I am having my emo times, do give me patience and time to come out of my crabby shell (well, I'm a typical Cancerian). At times, it is not that I am  angry with you but rather, I am just preoccupied with my own problems and emotions which overwhelmed me. But then again, I know I can never feel as comfortable with any new friends I made, as I am with all of you, always. Thanks for being my friend and standing by me all these years.

Happy birthday, Veggie!!!!
Keep smiling, keep shining...

Whoa, and then for the times when we're apart
Well, then close your eyes and know
These words are comin' from my heart
And then if you can remember
Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...