Wednesday 9 December 2009

Playmobil !

I passed by a toy shop the other day, and saw inside the glass showcase, the Playmobil range of toys!

Felt a sense of nostalgia as these were what my sis and I grew up playing!  We didn't have so many toys to play with when we were young, compared to the kids nowadays who have EVERYTHING. Playmobil is plastic toy figurines, with bendable moving legs and arms and grasping hands, and also wearing a headgear. The toy is 7.5cm tall. To me, the Playmobil toy is much more interesting than Lego. Playmobil came into the scene after 1974, so I guess my sis and I were the pioneer players of this toy.  :D

It is still expensive when I checked the prices now. Imagine they must have been quite pricey too when we were young. I remember my sis and I each had only a small box, which included one toy figurine, and 1-2 accessories. We did not have those complete sets that come with a house or a truck or ship and many accessories. I can't remember how our little figurines looked like, but I think there was a horse, some construction signs, a briefcase (something similar to the above).  We played with it for a long time, together with a farmhouse (from another toy brand) that we needed to build with plastic stilts and cardboards, which even have  trees and fences too.  Nowadays the selection of themes for Playmobil are so varied and wide and so much more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...