Friday 28 May 2010

What's the size of your own bowl?

Oh my, I just heard about actress Lee Young Ae's secret wedding in Hawaii last year. She said of her husband, who is a commoner and entrepreneur: "I like everything about him. He is very trustworthy and sincere. I have a feeling about him that is beyond love". Aww, so sweet. I'm glad that this one-of-my-favourites actress has finally found wedded bliss. She is currently taking a doctorate course at Hanyang University Graduate School of Theater and Cinema.

I like Lee Young Ae when she acted in the hugely popular 大长今 (Jewel In The Palace aka DaeJangGeum). I like her personal and personable character even more. I love to hear her speak in her actual gentle and calm voice. Besides beauty, she is an intelligent lady, and compared to many of the younger vain, bimbotic and loud actresses nowadays, there is nothing snobbish about her although she is a huge celebrity.

I watched a video of Lee Young Ae who went on a one-night stay in a temple to relax and to learn about teachings and life. She related what the monk told her:

The lotus flower is large, and when it rains,
It brims with water in it.
Looking at the flower, he was wondering
If it would sink into the water because of the weight.

To his surprise, however, the flower slowly tilted to the side,
and poured out some water, and gained back its balance.


Just like the flower,
We need to know the size of our own bowl
and be able to fill and empty it when necessary, but it's hard.

It's amazing how you can learn from small things like that, isn't it?



Here is a series of 5 videos of interviews with her and her daily life.



Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...