Saturday 5 February 2011

Precious gifts this CNY

How's your first 2 days of CNY?  I've quite a few stuff to blog but no time. I'll be busy almost everyday for the next 2 weeks at least. This weekend will be 2 days (marathon) of receiving the grand initiation of the Medicine Buddha. Here's a short post on the precious gifts I received this CNY. 

My precious guru, Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche has finally arrived in Singapore! The most precious gift is of course having the presence of my guru during CNY, being able to see him up close and personal, to receive his teachings and empowerments, as well as to receive immense blessings from him.

On the first day of CNY, I met Lama Zopa Rinpoche and offering him karta and flowers, and he in turn, blessed me with a blessed string, loads of blessings and a number of gifts. Rinpoche said the string has been blessed by him, having chanted thousands of mantras. With the power of the blessed string, he told us that if we wear it, it can protect us from harm and instructed we were to bless any dying person/animal with the string if we see them. I will try to blog more on his visit in another entry.

Received these precious Dharma gifts and well wishes from Amitabha Buddhist Centre and Gaden Shartse Dro-Phen Ling and friends on CNY day. 

Perhaps another precious gift is this mantra card given by Rinpoche during the blessings. This is Lama Atisha Protection Mantra card, which has been personally blessed and consecrated by Rinpoche. The mantra was originally printed on cloth and worn by the reknown Lama Atisha as protection from harm. This has been brought from Tibet and presented to Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Hence this printed first edition of Lama Atisha Mantra was printed in accordance to Lama Zopa Rinpoche's holy wish to "benefit sentient beings, especially people dying". 

Another gift I received from my friends, a lovely couple - The Precious Elephant. It is a 24k-gold prosperity  medallion which they sponsored from the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.  It is said that Chakravatin obtained this treasure through avoidance of anger and bad karma. The "Precious Elephant" symbolizes strength, courage and valor. As the "Precious Elephant" exhibits extraordinary strength, speed and noble gentleness and the ability to run without restriction on air, water and land, thus it is regarded better than any throughbred stallion. The "Precious Elephant" can also be as of one mind with the Chakravatin and time, the "Precious Elephant" safeguard beings and protect them from ills but during war, it will show its wrathful prowess to overcome enemies and disasters. The "Precious Elephant" Prosperity Gold Medallion has an image of a wheel-carrying elephant cruising the four seas symbolizes prosperity and auspiciousness for all. On the reverse side is the main design of the "12 zodiac sanskrit character" symbolizing lasting happiness. Thank you, OB and CBL!!! :D

Every year, one of my aunts who is a devout Buddhist will visit the temple and pray for a divination lot for each and every one of us in the family (maybe about 20+ of us in Singapore!). This year, my divination lot is a very good one.  And it is very apt for me, given my present situation. I was a little surprised the message is so relevant.  I know I receive a lot of protection from the Gurus, the Buddhas, the Bodhisattvas and the Protectors, as well as my benefactors, so it is as unbelievable as a miracle. There are always many who are ready to come to my rescue in times of trouble. I must strive to be even more tender and kind towards people.

Thank you to everyone who made my CNY a very happy and auspicious start to the Rabbit year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...