Tuesday 28 December 2004

Kirins


A few weeks ago, I had a dream. It was a looooong dream. Somehow I can't recall anything that happened in the beginning. I only remembered the ending.

There was this Invisible Force that was so strong and powerful that it pushed me, shook me, punched me and drew me up in the air, pinned me by the neck and rendered me utterly helpless. And immediately 4 fiery red kirins appeared! In Chinese, they are called "麒麟".

The 4 creatures looked so real, with dragons heads and scarlet red scaly bodies. They were growling at the Invisible Force, ready to charge at It. Yet somehow I felt they wouldn't do me harm. They were smiling at me while growling at the Invisible Force. Perhaps they were protecting me.

I woke with a start. I wondered what was the hidden meaning behind this dream, how was I to interpret this dream. I scrambled online to find some answers.

A kirin, I learnt, is a mythical hooved Chinese creature that is said to appear in conjunction with the arrival of a sage. It is a good omen that brings serenity and prosperity. It is often depicted with what looks like fire all over its body. Although it looks fearsome, the kirin only punishes sinners. It can walk on grass and yet not trample the blades and it can also walk on water. The kirin depicts a creature with the head of a Dragon, the antlers of a deer, the skin and scales of a fish, the hooves of an ox and the tail of a lion. And I dreamt of all 4 of them.

A check with my Master revealed not so comforting news. She believed it's a representation of bad "chi" (energy) embedded inside me, which should be cleared off.

Perhaps she was right. Yet I still chose to believe the kirins were helping me. It's the Invisible Force which was after me. Those kirins were just protecting me from harm. Thanks, kirins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...