Tuesday 3 February 2009

||||||||

Occasionally I do pen some adhoc poems and thoughts.
Wrote this a few years ago ...

Rain - part I

Tonight it rained.
It finally rained.
T'was a refreshing feeling.
Listen to the raindrops fall in slow-mo,
the swish swosh of the trees,
the cool breeze sweeping across the face,
the occasional car whizzes by,
spoiling the calm of puddles,
the frogs croaking,
the fishes immersed even deeper in a world of their own,
the dogs were silent for once.
All cast an immediate tranquil effect on me.
Did you hear them?
The simple pleasures of life.


Rain - part II

In the middle of town
Overshadowed by towering skyscrapers
Here I am, overwhelmed by the crowd
They seemed like ghastly figures
Gliding past silently, devoid of expression
Shoulders rubbing shoulders
Many soaked to the skin
They hit me gently, the raindrops
Awakened from a trance
The air is misty and amazingly peaceful
The bustling noise seemed distant now
Transposed by music in my ears
It feels good to stop and breathe
The simple pleasures of life.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...