Thursday 23 March 2006

Meeting Her


Last Saturday I woke up at about 3am and could not get back to sleep. Somehow I automatically sat up and started saying my Guru Yoga prayers. When I finished, I didn't know why I started chanting "Om mani padme hum" as well, and then after which I sang the slightly longer "Great Compassion mantra" in Tibetan, the mantra of Avalokiteshvara.


Then I fell asleep peacefully again. When I woke up in the morning, I suddenly remembered it was actually GuanYin's birthday. She is the Chinese Goddess of Mercy, the equivalent of the Compassion Buddha, 1000-arm Chenresig and the 4-arm Avalokiteshvara. I was surprised yet felt full of bliss.

Then last night, I had a dream. I was in a huge scenic green valley surrounded by beautiful mountains and cool breeze. I saw meandering roads with the occasional cabs passing by (strangely the cabs looked a misfit in the beautiful place). Then as I walked along, I saw a huge tentage with many Tibetan prayer flags hanging gently with the wind blowing. It seemed that an event was going to begin soon or it has just ended, so there was no one around, but the thangkas and prayer flags were hanging there. As I walked on, I saw many empty chairs neatly arranged in many rows. Then I saw a huge stage in front. On the stage was a huge statue of a white-robe Guan Yin, Goddess of Mercy. I saw myself bowing to her.


Then I carried on walking, could not remember the many things I saw. I decided to take a cab, as I was about to flag down a coming cab, I noticed a lady and a little girl behind me. The lady was very beautiful and the girl looked about 7 years old. I let them have my cab instead. Just as the lady walked passed me with the little girl onto the cab, she called out my name in a firm confident voice, and then said "thank you!" smiling brightly.

After awhile, a huge vehicle stopped for me to get on. When I was up there, I discovered it was a very long and huge vehicle (more like a train). There was an exact replica of a kitchen on it, with lots of food on a few tables and a few lady chefs busy cooking and chatting away happily. It was like a whole restaurant on wheels!

This is again one of those strange dreams which I do not understand the meaning. But then again, I am happy that I had met Buddha again, albeit in a dream. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...