Sunday 26 August 2007

Selamat Hari Merdeka ke-50!!

I have a habit of not posting pixs of places I travel to onto this blog immediately after each trip because was too lazy or tired, and by then I totally forgot about them. So now it is, some street pixs I took when I was in KL few months back during one weekend.
Malaysia streets remind me of Singapore streets maybe about 10, 15 years back. It's good to remember those idyllic days. At the same time, KL also has boomed and modernised, especially its highways, shopping malls, the housing flats etc, are almost the same as Singapore now. The only difference is Malaysia's highways have huge billboards all over the place, like Thailand, whereas Singapore is only too small to accomodate these into its skyline. Our huge shopping malls like Vivocity and Ngee Ann City cannot even fight those in Midvalley Shopping Mall, in terms of sheer size.

In KL was staying near Bukit Bintang, the hub of the city, aka Singapore's Orchard Road. So went shopping at Plaza Low Yat, Lot 10, Berjaya Times Square, Sungei Wang, Central Market etc.. But one place which I don't like still is the Puduraya bus station area. The place there remains unchanged for the past 10 years I have been there, I think. The bus interchange there is so crowded at all times, with hawkers in small stall peddling their food, the confusing counters to purchase tickets, and the basement where we supposed to board the coach back to Singapore, it was dark and stuffy and hot. Nonetheless it was a relaxing weekend of makan and shopping in KL!

May Malaysia celebrates its 50 years of Independence with pride and happiness on 31 August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...