Thursday 22 October 2009

大头,大头

Just the other day, I was at the hair salon doing my hair. The lady boss in her 50s who was personally washing my hair, suddenly exclaimed that I have a big head! She was grabbing my head in the sink and struggling to wash my hair, giving it a good rub and massage. She said she seldom get to wash a big head (???!). She went on to say "big head is good, and you have high forehead too". She asked if I am very clever ...... yadah yadah yadah..... I did not pay much attention, as she was too chatty and noisy. What did you expect me to say, aunty? To say I am very clever? Duh ....not paiseh? Well, I'm not smart, but I'm not stupid either. I think she only wanted to make conversation. Hair salon people, please remember, not all your customers need you to entertain them all the time. The same goes to taxi drivers.

I only thought of this chinese phrase of "大头".... what my high school friend Kelly used to chant....

"大头大头,下雨不愁,

人家有伞,我有大头!"


Haha, and I remained relaxed in my self-imposed quiet revelry, switched off from the world as water ran over my big head.

2 comments:

  1. the salon aunty just want to pass the time with you lah, that's why make that kind of dah tou remark

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...