Monday 3 January 2011

听海

Managed to catch this performance by Amei 张惠妹 on cable TV at their countdown show. Wow, Amei is still the diva with her powerful cords, and not many singers can shine in a live recording. 
 
Many years ago when she was just starting out, I caught her live in concert here. I am pretty selective about watching concerts, because the singer must be able to hold his/her fort with solely his/her voice alone. And Amei is one of them. She was fantastic. Listening to her rendition of this song 听海 now brings back memories of the past decade.  Watch out towards the end of the song, very high and very touched. I agree with one comment from someone: "这次的听海 让我最感动".

1 comment:

  1. I saw her concert once, her voice is really powerful. Still one of the best concert I ever saw.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...