Sunday 21 October 2007

Hugs from heaven


The past few days were like a nightmare for my dearest friend Veg and her hubby David, and for the rest of us. Her little baby Andrew left, just before he was supposed to see this world, before the many of us who were eagerly waiting for his arrival and who would love to see him. We sat outside the hospital ward, just waiting, as his mommy and daddy grieve inside. There was not many words we could say to express our concern, sadness and grief. Some of us could not contain our anguish. But anyhow, hopefully our little presence helped.

This morning we received a sms from David to all of us: "We have come to terms that Andrew has been part of God's plan from conception to death. We may not know why but we trust his heart. We will still grieve and weep but with assurance and comfort. Thanks for being by our side, the prayers, company, love and sacrifices. You have made this ordeal bearable. "

I really hope Veg will come to accept this harsh reality soon. Veg, I really hope you will be alright soon, my friend. Please remember that if you need a listening ear, I am always here for you. I found this poem from the internet. I am sure Andrew won't want you to be like this. He is in safe hands up there.

Sorry I didn't get to stay.
To laugh and run and play.
To be there by your side.
I'm sorry that I had to go.

God sent me down to be with you,
To make your loving heart anew.
To help you look up and see
Both God and little me.

Mommy, I wish I could stay
Just like I heard you pray.
But, all the angels did cry
When they told little me goodbye.

God didn't take me cause He's mad.
He didn't send me to make you sad.
But to give us both a chance to be
A love so precious .. don't you see?

Up here no trouble do I see
And the pretty angels sing to me.
The streets of gold is where I play
You'll come here too, mommy, someday.

Until the day you join me here
I'll love you mommy, dear.
Each breeze you feel and see,
Brings love and a kiss from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...