Tuesday 4 March 2008

开工大吉!


Today is an auspicious day to start renovations, so I made sure the contracter turned up to "start" work. The symbolic knocking of the hammer is important, signifying the breaking of ground and the start of a smooth renovation. The worker knocked up the kerb of my main door before delivering all the tiles up into the house. Then they brought up the sand. In actual fact, at the auspicious hour earlier, I had already "knocked" on the ground of my house. Somewhere near the front of the flat at the main windows facing East. I blessed the whole house with specially blessed Guanyin (Avalokiteshvara)'s mantra. Then I hammered on the ground a few times. Hence the ritual is completed. Here's to a smooth finish to this renovation project. 开工大吉!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...