Monday 19 May 2008

Vesak Day


Yesterday the eve of Vesak Day, I bought a Buddha face plaque that looks similar like this one. As a part decor for my living room. I am waiting to buy one Buddha portrait whom I found that looks 3 dimensional at whichever angle you look at the Buddha. I guess that has to wait a while...

Since 2 - 3 months ago till now, since the shifting of house, changing of job, changing of environment, settling of errands, and then after the unpacking of stuff, I made myself scanned through all my old photos from my travelling days (those days without the digicam) during the weekends. I wanted a piece of the old photos in softcopy. Going through all the photos and remembering the times of the past, friends who had come into my life and those who left, and those who are still around.... and remembering the days travelling with my family.... the memories of those days came back. I need to go travelling again, far away. Once I make the new job works, and form my team with the business settling down, and settled all my outstanding stuff, I think I will take a long deserved break, probably end of the year. I need to go somewhere faraway, desperately. I dont know where yet, but anywhere will be fine. Probably India or Nepal or Eastern Europe or Africa or Dubai. Just anywhere. Even if I have to go alone, I will do it. Just desperate to go.

Today Vesak Day after going to offer lights and praying to Buddha, I gave thanks to Buddha for answering my prayers and clearing a huge chunk of my obstacles. The weather was extremely hot, I came home exhausted. After all the past months of changes, even after moving into the new house and new job, I had not had the luxury of sleeping late, or sleeping long. This afternoon I took a long nap, and woke up fresh. Afresh. Tomorrow is already better as I know my luck has changed. For the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...