Thursday 17 July 2008

Treasure Resort @Sentosa


Today I met my client at one of the newer resorts in Sentosa Island, the Treasure Resort @Sentosa. It's been a while since I last went there (minus the time I went for an event in One 15 Marina, another club resort 3 months ago). I have not been there for pleasure for a long time. There were so many changes in the island. The Resort World is in huge construction at the huge site. There were so many developments in the island and getting there now is such a breeze, either you drive in by car or there is the 5-minute ride by the monorail to the main land. Long ago we need to take a 20 minutes ferry there or by cable car which takes even longer.

The Treasure Resort is located conveniently next to the monorail station, right besides the huge Merlion statue. While waiting for my client, I took a few pixs of the place. It was quite quiet in the weekdays, with only a few front desk officers around.

I remember when I was young, my aunt used to have a holiday chalet in the old Sentosa, where there were rows and rows of small apartments with only one bedroom. Once every year we would excitedly packed our bags for a 2 days stay at the chalet. It faces the golf course and near the very old Hotel ( I forgot the name). We used to swim there. There is a certain old charm about the old Sentosa. Somehow with the rapid developments, the place has changed drastically over the years, and there is no more trace of the old Sentosa, where I used to remember the fun times me and my sis had when we were kids. I remember bringing my godbro there too when he was a small boy.

Anyway today is a beautiful day. I have closed another deal..... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...