Tuesday 21 October 2008

Come fly with me~



I brought my cousin to many places, and especially to eat. Another of the highlights, a must-go for her, was of course our Singapore Flyer. I myself have not been up there, the world's largest observation wheel. So off we went, on an early bright afternoon. We had the entire capsule to ourselves. The folks at the Singapore Flyer made sure the "flight" was a GR8 experience, complete with ticket, baggage check-in, nice brochure, guided announcements, many ushers (although there were hardly any passenger on a week day) and even a customised photo of you on the Flyer (at a cost of $15 each).

I am a sucker for scenery. Although ours is the city skyline, it's still somewhat breathtaking with panoramic views. I snapped and snapped away, the flyer capsules in different angles, the skyline all around me ; the Tanjong Rhu condos with highways, the East Coast golf course, the Suntec - Marina buildings, the Esplanade, the Merlion and the floating stadium, the Central Business District in Shenton Way, the Benjamin Sheares Bridge etc... And the special thing was, when we reached a certain angle, we can even see an almost actual replica of the new future Marina Bay Integrated Resorts in the skyline - cleverly created to blend into our city skyline. We saw what the future holds (*chuckle*).

It's a GR8 experience, if you consider $29.50 worth all the views you can take in within 30 minutes. As I was up there, couldn't help remembering the song by Michael Buble "Come fly with me".....

Once I get you up there,
Where the air is rarefied
Well just glide
Starry eyed
Once I get you up there
I'll be holding you so near
You may hear the angels cheer - just because we're together

Weatherwise it's such a lovely day
Just say the words, and we'll beat the birds
Down to acapulco bay
It's perfect, for a flying honeymoon - they say
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...