Monday 2 February 2009

富贵吉祥

I have new additions to my plant collection. Got an incredible deal (since CNY has already passed) for a pot of Fu Gui flowers and White Phlox (I am not sure if this is the correct name).

My mom wanted a pot of 富贵花 Fu Gui flowers for CNY (for god knows what reason - maybe so that we could be 富贵?? ), but I did not have time to buy them before CNY. It was just as well because I found these now which cost half the normal price. They were beautiful bright red in colour, blooming and many buds which are going to bloom more.

I got the White Phlox because the elderly aunty was pushing the pot into the plastic bag, asking me to get them together. These flowers are commonly found and devotees use the buds as offerings to Buddhas and also sometimes for cleansing in baths. They emit a sweet mild fragrance. I asked the aunty which flowers would bloom whole year long, and she said these 2 types. I also repotted the White Phlox into a bigger pot. By the next day, suddenly a lot of white buds appeared and flowers too. I plucked some for offering to GuanYin at the altar. Next time we need not buy these for offering from the market anymore. We have our own now.

Maybe I should nickname this pot of White Phlox "吉祥". So now we have 富贵 and 吉祥. ;P

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...