Friday 27 February 2009

月亮代表我的心

This is my favourite version of the popular oldie by Teresa Teng 月亮代表我的心, given a different rendition by 齊秦 Chyi Chin, a Taiwanese singer. It is a simple and easy song, with simple lyrics and straightforward message. Nothing profound yet a marvelous song which thousands of people love.

Years ago when I saw this MTV on TV, I liked it. I also saw the interview Chyi Chin gave when recording this song. He related something about a man who sang this song to his dying wife who was then in a coma. After he finished singing the song, tears rolled down his wife's eyes and she passed away. It was pretty touching. When I mentioned this touching story to someone, she sang it at a concert. I, in turn, became the one who was touched. So this song has always been a beautiful memory to me. Dedicate this to my friend and also everyone who loves this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...