Friday 27 February 2009

Unmistaken Child

I can't wait to see this movie "Unmistaken Child" which was just released in Berlin. Directed by an Israeli filmmaker, Nati Baratz, this movie is about the search for the reincarnation of Geshe Lama Konchog, a great master who attained full enlightenment within one lifetime and who left behind many wonderful relics. It is about how his disciple, Geshe Tenzin Zopa, found his master's reincarnation from the many signs that were manifested after Geshe Lama Konchog's passing. And whom His Holiness the Dalai Lama eventually enthroned the boy as Phuntsok Rinpoche.

I have already read the actual story and background of the Geshe Lama Konchog and his reincarnation, through the narration and account by Geshe Tenzin Zopa. In fact in my earlier blog postings, I mentioned about
my dream of Geshe Lama Konchog even though I have not met him in this lifetime, as well as meeting his reincarnation Phuntsok Rinpoche when he visited Singapore in 2007.

I last saw Geshe Tenzin Zopa last month when he was in Singapore briefly to attend teachings by my guru, His Eminence Lama Zopa Rinpoche. I consider it an honour I have the chance to have known about Geshe Lama Konchog through his reincarnation in this lifetime.
So I can't wait to see the movie.

1 comment:

  1. it was very interesting to read. I want to quote your post in my blog. It can? And you et an account on Twitter?.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...