Sunday 8 February 2009

Happy Chap Goh Meh

We celebrated our Chap Goh Meh (Lunar 15th day and last day of the CNY) earlier on Saturday. It was mostly a tradition for Teochews to get-together to mark the last day of CNY with food and laughter. Here was our almost entire entourage (the other 25% were overseas or somewhere). Actually it was supposed to be a Super 3-in-1 kind of celebration. Besides Chap Goh Meh, it was also one of my cousin's 21st birthday. And another was a farewell party for my other cousin who was flying off to Melbourne for his studies. Hence, 3-in-1.

We have not had such "big" scale gathering for sometime, since Grandma's birthday. It was nice to catch up although you could not catch up with each and individual person, it was pure fun playing a fool with each other. We had our lengthy Lo Hei because each person has to say his/her wish for the new year in auspicious words and there were about 30 of us. We also played "buang luck" (Blackjack) again. I know my luck is going to be constant this year, because after so many rounds of playing, I won all of $1. First day of CNY earlier, I also won few dollars. At least I did not lose money, hehe.

Here are the
2 stars of the night. The handsome young man is going to enjoy his 3-year freedom studying overseas. The pretty young gal is celebrating her 21st birthday and is studying in NUS, an aspiring lawyer in the making.

I wish good health, good luck and good money for all my loved ones in the new year...... till we meet again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...