Monday 16 March 2009

Korean pancakes!

Here's what I did with the Ottogi Korean Pancake Mix I bought. The flour mix was ready-made. I just needed to mix it with 4 cups of water. You could add in any ingredients you like for eg. leek, pumpkin, prawn, meat etc... As for me, I added shitake mushroom, crab sticks, ham, and green onions, all chopped into tiny pieces and added into the pancake mix. Then it was time to make the pancakes. Oil was added into the hot pan, and I scooped up the mix with well-mixed ingredients and into the pan. My pan could accommodate about 4 palm-size pancakes. They were cooked for 2-4 minutes on both sides till they were golden brown and a little crispy on the sides.

The taste of the pancake dough was soft and tasty, with the accompaniment of the ingredients, it was quite nice. I only found it a little physically too flat. It would be good if I could make them thicker and enticing with the ingredients protruding out. They looked like mini roti prata except these were full of ingredients. To me they tasted like fried koo chai kueh, except they were lighter and more fluffy. And if eaten with the right type of chilli, it would be heaven. These mini pancakes would be my contribution for the next party or pot luck, because they were such a breeze to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...