Wednesday 8 April 2009

First anniversary

I just remembered. Today 8 April is the first anniversary of moving into my new house. Time flies.

I remember last year this time, I was very busy with the shifting - renovation, shopping for furniture and electrical stuff, designing, packing, repacking. Liaising with contractors, sub-contractors, movers and all the service providers for the phone, utilities, gas etc etc. And thereafter housewarming parties etc.. 1001 things to do. In fact my renovation took less than one month, which was considered "rapid", because once I set my mind on when I wanted to move, there was no stopping me in meeting that deadline. So my instruction to the contractor was, by hook or by crook, all should be finished before 8 April. And it did (with all my chasing).

I was also in the midst of quitting my old job then. I was busy with the turnover of my old staff and new staff as well. Everything came at the same time. Whilst I was happy with shifting into a new home, I was not happy with a number of things and people at work. I had pre-empted everyone including my boss and staff, I would be real busy that period. Still I had to deal with the sudden departure of a staff. Some earlier ones I closed one eye, but the last one was the last straw. I just flipped. My moods then were not exactly delightful. I had always been patient and understanding with people, especially those I doted on I closed 2 eyes (at least I know I tried and did), and at that time, I really hoped those very people would be understanding with me. But they sought to misunderstand instead.

I remembered the next day after 8 April, I came to a decision. I put a foot down. After delivering something to the office (in the midst of my leave), I settled some matters in the office which had been bothering me for the past 4-6 months. I did all I could to salvage some personal matters, and since it was not resolved, I gave up. At least I know I did my best. At least I know I did everything I could with a conscience. At least I did not run away without any explanation. I did not owe any people, anything, anymore. And I left the company on a happy note after that.

Anyway, back to my new home. I was really happy with my new house. The shifting signified a new change, a new move for me in terms of house, job and personal aspirations. All these were geared towards something positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...