Thursday 2 April 2009

Like bees to honey

I am so glad my regular hairdresser moved to my neighbourhood. A few months ago when I visited her to do my hair, she was telling me she needed to move out of the shop as the lease was expiring soon and she has no intention to renew. She asked if I had any lobang, so I referred her to my bro-in-law. She asked where would be a good location, so of course I said "My place! You must move nearby my place!" as there was crowd potential there. And plus it would be real convenient for me. Indeed she was lucky she managed to find a shop there.

After I learnt she has moved, I went to visit her. She has just moved in less than 2 weeks ago. She told me business has been a bit quiet. I told her maybe her regular customers were not aware she was there yet, and advised her to give out pamphlets to nearby flats. I know there was definitely business potential.

Immediately after I came in to do my hair, another customer walked in, followed by another, then another, and yet another. She was only a one-man-show, at least for now. So her hands were full for the entire afternoon. I told her "see, I brought you customers". Hehe! Anyway, she could be my potential customer in the near future too. And I am sure she would call me.

It was interesting, I noticed whenever I walk into an empty shop to browse, or go into a restaurant to eat, or just walk into any ulu shop, it would definitely be followed by other walk-in customers, into the otherwise empty shop. So I always joked, "see, I brought customers and business to the shop". Or rather I was the "honey" which the bees followed. Haha! Perhaps, it is because I have lots of water element in me, and water in fengshui meant "wealth
". So the shop owner benefitted. Hmmm.... but why have I myself not strike it rich yet? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...