Wednesday 9 September 2009

Be yourself

A week ago, my 10-year-old niece went to school without her school uniform. She could wear anything she wanted. That day was "Be Yourself" Day in school and they got to meet the Singapore President, SR Nathan, as well. Her school donated more than $13,000 for the President Challenge Charity.

I heard some of her classmates went dressed up as a doctor, a scientist, Obama, and Lee Kuan Yew. One classmate was supposedly dressed up as a doctor and he came wearing a mask. Thus prompting another innocent classmate to ask the 'doctor', "Eh, you are dressed up as a H1N1 victim?"
Niece decided to wear something like a cowgirl style. She wore this with a red scarf.  And you know what, 8 years ago, during our family Christmas party, niece was also wearing the same red scarf!  It was a "Cowboy, Red Indian" themed party. Awww.... so sweet, whenever I see their baby photos..... I will melt (because I was the photographer most of the time).

I have always wondered, what exactly do I wear to show that I am really "being myself"?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...