Monday 18 October 2010

The only constant is change

I love sunrise, sunset and unusual cloud formation.

Here is the latest beautiful sunrise I captured one early morning on 16 October, right from my bedroom window. I find the horizontal clouds real unusual.

Notice the red hues surrounding the sun.... beautiful, looks like the full moon, which reminds me of 嫦娥 Chang-e, the Chinese goddess of the Moon according to Chinese legends.

 On another day, the morning sun was like a blaze of fire, hidden behind burning clouds.

This was really unusual, the 3 blobs of huge clouds like 3 elephants marching past.


The large arch of the rainbow after the rain.

Another interesting formation, like the waves of the ocean.

Clear skies, which are quite seldom.

Evening sunset, with clouds surrounding my house, which looked like a circle.

I view this as a head of dragon or qilin rising from the roof, making an outline covering the setting sun.

Outside my house, that day was raining with dark clouds and the hot blazing sun at the same time.

One day with so much clouds almost covering the sky and kissing the grounds. 

And I like to capture a beautiful soothing sunset at the end of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Some really lovely photos you have there. Yes, we are all transient beings ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite things to do is to look at the sky. Its so relaxing just seeing the clouds go by :-)

    By the way, your neighbourhood looks very familiar. Could it be that we used to live in the same area?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...