Wednesday 17 November 2010

Annie's Peanut Ice Kachang

If I am at Tanjong Pagar, and if I am eating at the hawker centre there, there is one stall I would always go to for dessert after lunch. 

I used to work in Tanjong Pagar, so I frequently visit Annie's Peanut Ice Kachang after my lunch, which was the claypot fish maw soup next to Annie's.

This is the real gem I came for - Peanut Ice Kachang - ice shaven mountain dripped with corn, red bean, rose syrup, condensed milk, little cubes of jelly, and finally a generous sprinkle of peanut crumbs.  Unlike some stalls whose ice is a little coarse, Annie's ice is so fine it melts in the mouth together with the sweet combination of all the ingredients as well as the crunchy peanut crumbs. 

Annie is quite famous, judging from the peak hour queues and also all the "stamps of approval" and reviews plastered all over the stall.

The only thing I do not like to dine in this hawker centre is, besides being very hot (I am always sweating like mad), is that it is very bird-friendly. Whenever any diner leaves the table, black crows and small birds will appear out of nowhere and attack the leftover bowl of food. This is not that hygienic, right?

1 comment:

  1. Wah the Peanut Ice Kachang really looks good!!! Too bad I hardly go there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...