Wednesday 2 February 2011

CNY reunion steamboat dinner & lo hei

It is the CNY Eve today, and most families will be having their reunion dinner tonight. In my family, we usually have our reunion dinner on the eve of the CNY Eve, as all of us are busy on the eve itself.

We invited my Grandma and 2 dearest aunts to join us this year at our home. We started with Lo Hei. BIL got ready the Yu Sheng with auspicious chinese idioms when he laid each Lo Hei ingredient.

Time to lo hei! The takeaway tub which we packed from the restaurant looked small but it was actually quite a lot in portion. Look at the mess we made! 

My portion of Yu Sheng, generous helpings. We each had at least 2 helpings.

A nice shot before the steamboat reunion dinner. I was the photographer.

I must highlight my mom's Ngo Hiang which she made every year. This year I did not have time to help her as I was too busy (guilty). It was so yummy with our homemade spicy chilli.

Here was just part of the entire items for steamboat! There were almost 20 types of different items!

We made delicious soup stock beforehand, boiled from pork ribs, scallops, intestines and abalone soup. And during the steamboat, we load prawns, pork, liver, fish balls, chicken balls, prawn sticks, lobster balls, sotong, fish slices, sausages, veggies, and even an egg and noodles into the soup.

Another family shot. My grandma was telling us during dinner that she bumped into someone from her old neighbourhood almost 20 years ago, but she just could not remember the lady. I am a little sad, as grandma is losing part of her memory gradually.

After dinner, the whole family went to the supermarket to stock up some more stuff.  Here we were fooling around with the surveillance mirror. Haha!!  

Watch out for my next post on CNY and my house.

So, what are you having for your reunion dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...