Monday 16 May 2011

Garchen Rinpoche in my dream on the eve of Vesak

This morning at dawn, I woke up at 6.30am, fell asleep again and had a brief dream.

In the dream, I think I was in a Buddhist centre. There were many small groups of people in different parts of the place, all busy with their own stuff. All of a sudden, a lady saw me and hurried towards me. While she was trying to tell me something, I was trying to recall if I knew her. I do not know her. She told me the old clothes I had given to a particular needy person were too big for her. I could not remember anything about this.

Then as I continued to wander around, I was rushing for something which I did not know what. I just knew I had to find the bathroom to take a shower. Bumped into an aunt, her hand stretched towards the red ruby pendant I was wearing on my neck and asked where it was from. I had to ignore her as I was late for that something. Then when I found the bathroom, a huge burly guy was guarding the bathroom. He was scrutinizing me from head to toe. I was a little intimidated but I knew I HAD to take a shower fast.

Then someone shouted, drawing our attention to the huge TV screen. On TV was a beaming Garchen Rinpoche! He was standing and turning his signature prayer wheels. What was unusual was, he was wearing a long and thick winter trapper which was white and grey in colour. Garchen Rinpoche was smiling so widely and waving at us. End of dream.

Garchen Rinpoche is a highly realised and unassuming master/yogi and one of my highly adored gurus who is well known for his great kindness. He is the one guru who accepts a hug from you and hugs you tightly like a grandfather would. He was imprisoned by the Chinese government for 20 years in which he gained vast realizations in his practice during that period.

Garchen Rinpoche is a Drikung Kagyu lama who was a heart disciple of Kyobpa Jigten Sumgon, founder of the Drikung Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism in the 13th century. In another lifetime, he had incarnated as Mahasiddha Aryadeva, the lotus-born disciple of the great Nagarjuna.

Garchen Rinpoche is closely connected with White Tara, with whom he had many personal encounters. White Tara is a Buddha belonging to the Lotus family. She is the goddess of compassion and is connected with longevity. One calls on her for health, strength, and longevity. I was very fortunate to be able to receive the White Tara initiation from Rinpoche a couple of times.

It is exactly one year since I last saw Garchen Rinpoche. This dream of him on the eve of Vesak.... I wonder if he is arriving in Singapore soon. _/|\_

Post note: 
Right after I posted the above entry this morning, I received an announcement that Garchen Rinpoche will be coming to Singapore in October! Wow, I'm totally amazed.  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...