Sunday 29 January 2012

CNY gifts and blessings to welcome the Dragon year

Today is 人日, the 7th day of the lunar new year. According to Chinese customs, it was the day human beings were created.  On this day, I would like to share some of the gifts I have received prior or during this Chinese New Year period. I am grateful and thankful for the kindness shown all around.

This cake was given to me on one of my past birthdays, drawn by my niece when she was younger. So happy birthday to everyone, every human, as well as all sentient beings! It's everyone's birthday!

This CNY banner is 5-storey high in Takashimaya. May everyone meet and achieve success in the highest possible auspicious conditions in this new year. This is my wish to you.

Early in the morning of the first day of the CNY, a monk approached me and gave me this little Buddha. I cannot think of anything more auspicious than this to herald in the new year.

An aunt from Thailand gave this 'pot of gold' frame. Again so auspicious. May our pockets be filled with overflowing wealth, may we huat ahhh!

I love this fried 'chicken wing' made of delicious beancurd skin and fried with a very crispy satfisfying batter. Mom has been buying special vegetarian food for me, because I am on a 100-day vegetarian diet. As I am not able to take some of the usual CNY dishes and goodies, this is a little blessing I am grateful for.

Mala rosary, a gift from Sarnath, the place where the Buddha first taught and turned the Wheel of Dharma. So blessed!

A special hamper full of blessed goodies and wealth, to create auspicious conditions and for a bountiful successful year. Every year, I spent my CNY eve at Gaden Shartse Dro-Phen Ling to welcome in the new year with pujas and loads of blessings from Dagyab Rinpoche and the Three Jewels.

Received the 8 Auspicious Objects gold coin from dear friends, thank you!  Again so auspicious!

Ang pows from the Jade Buddha, as well as from many loved ones. Thank you so much!

Blessed precious jewels from Bodhgaya, the place where the Buddha became enlightened. So auspicious! I am very touched, thank you very much!

This CNY, I am very grateful that I have the chance to create mountains of merits  by volunteering my time at the Jade Buddha Exhibition, organised by Amitabha Buddhist Centre, especially on the first and second days of the new year. Thankful of the blessings from the gurus, those here and those far away. This photo is a poignant reminder that I have my gurus literally next to me and the Buddha above me at all times.  

Today especially, we 'lo hei' and have yu sheng to celebrate our birthdays. Last but not least, I am grateful for my family, who stood by me for so long, and for our little cosy reunion dinner at home, with some of my favourite vegetarian dishes too. 
I share here Gandhi's 10 fundamentals for changing the world. Well, it is actually changing and transforming our mind first before changing the world.... something which I am still learning.  May you have a blessed CNY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...