Wednesday 21 September 2005

The dog's whip?

I guess good news is illusive recently. Today we found out that my Dad is suffering from early stage of colon cancer. He needs an operation next week to remove a part of his colon. The doctor seemed optimistic. Hopefully the cancer cells have not spread further, and hence he will not be needing chemotherapy. No wonder my Dad's face has become thinner recently.

This is not the first time Dad has cancer. Twelve years ago, he has a small lump which was cancerous somewhere near his kidney. He lost one of his kidneys that time and had to undergo chemotherapy for a while. I remembered then that the doctor told me privately that my Dad has only 6 months to live. That time I was too shocked rather than had time to feel sad. I had to keep it from my Mom because I did not think that Mom was prepared for the news. I had to keep it from my sis as she was having her final stressful exams then and I knew she would definitely freak out. Luckily I had the support of my boss who is a medical doctor and also my colleagues then. And luckily my Dad healed miraculously and bounced back into life after about one year later.

Now 12 years later, it's the same scenario. Only that the doctor is optimistic this time. I don't know why it had to be a Chinese cycle of 12 animals/years. Morever the Year of the Dog is around the corner and the Dog has started to show signs of his arrival. The Year of the Dog next year is supposedly not going to be a smooth year for me. I know some of my friends do not believe in superstition or fengshui or bazi stuff. However, somehow, based on my limited knowledge and calculation or prediction, I had known and dread this might happen again. And it did. I pray and hope that my Dad will bounce back again this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...