Tuesday 29 November 2005

Coincidental?


Sunday night I had a dream. I dreamt that I was going into an apartment. I saw my Aunt Shirley, godbro and my mom's friend Mandy inside the house. I saw clearly the unit number was 06-18. Then the house opened into a very big field outside. I saw my aunts and uncles and cousins eating and enjoying themselves with a variety of local food. I noticed Uncle William eating his favourite bowl of noodles.

Then I saw my Mom praying and bowing some distance away. So I went closer to have a look. At first I saw an empty high throne lavishly decorated, normally where the lama or rinpoche sits. Then within seconds, I saw the four-armed Avalokiteshvara floating in front of the high seat. He was very fair almost to the colour of translucent white. I saw myself quickly bowing down and prostrating to Avalokiteshvara in the dream.

Avalokiteshvara (otherwise also known as Chenresig or Guan Yin), is the bodhisattva who emanated from the eye of Amitabha Buddha when he was moved to tears by the plight of sentient beings. He is the embodiment of compassion, as he vowed not to return to buddhahood until he had liberated every single individual in all realms of existence. He is said to have manifested in our era as Padmasambhava, and also the manifestation of Guru Rinpoche, in the heart of a giant lotus. HH Dalai Lama, who is said to be the Living Buddha, is also the emanation of Chenresig / Avalokiteshvara.

Recalling, on Sunday, while I was at home, I had played my favourite version of "Om mani padme hum" by Boris Grebenshikov repeatedly the whole day. This is the mantra of Avalokiteshvara/Chenresig. Also on Sunday evening I had been personally blessed by HE Lati Rinpoche, a great practitioner, after I renewed my refuge vows.

Was it so coincidental that I had just received the Guru Rinpoche initiation a few days ago? Was this a message from Buddha about my new house? I am not sure. But I am very sure the Buddhas had time and again, ensure I can see and feel their presence. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...