Monday 12 December 2005

Reunited

My granny has 11 children; 3 sons and 8 daughters. Two of them were given away when they were young as times were hard then, and my grandparents did not have the means to feed so many children. The 6th daughter was given away to a Chinese businessman, who has no children of his own. The 3rd daughter was given to a Malay couple too.

4 years ago, my mom was in Chinatown shopping, when she saw and recognized her 6th sister. After chatting up with her, the daughter was re-united with my grandmother. She has a teenage daughter. Everyone was so surprised and happy then.

Last night, my mom learnt from my youngest uncle that the 3rd daughter had tried to contact him. Apparently she used to teach my youngest uncle when he was in primary school, hence she could still remember his name. So there might be a chance the family would be reunited again.

I am just so amazed that through a twist of fate, both my granny’s daughters who were “lost” but “found” again. And the entire family clan will reunited again. It’s just so touching. Especially for my 81-year-old granny. I can’t wait to meet this 3rd aunt and her Malay family.

Reminds me of an old song by Peaches & Herb.....
"Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...