Tuesday 16 May 2006

Les triple gemmes


I had a nice Vesak Day and the weekend. Vesak Day commemorates the Birth of Buddha, his Enlightenment and finally His attainment of Nirvana. Went early in the morning to bathe the Buddha with my family with sis and family as well, and to also offer lights and flowers. I was extremely happy seeing my little niece and nephew bathing the Buddha. The significance is to purify our body, speech and mind, as well as our negative karma and afflictive mind.

I bumped into my Master and said hi. A few days earlier, I had dreamt a long dream, of which she appeared briefly. I was in a big house with her and she was wearing a laced maroon cheong sum. I only remembered her telling me must open all the windows, after which she climbed 4 storeys to open all the windows. I didn't know the significance, but I sms her to inform her. She was quite happy about it saying she knew the meaning (of course heavenly secrets aren't meant to be revealed). She has told me a few times before that I was her messenger from Buddha. This was because I sometimes have dreams about her. And mostly it's something spiritual. And she is always wearing cheong sum in my dreams, albeit in different colours.

After spending the day with my family, in the evening I went to the Buddhist center I go almost every weekend for pujas. That day was a special puja offering obeisance to Shakyamuni Buddha and the 16 Arhats, of whom he entrusted His doctrines to. Buddha's innermost wish is to overcome the sufferings of all sentient beings, and the only way to achieve this goal is through the Dharma. And in order for Dharma to remain in this world for a long time to come, we need to pray and supplicate to the 16 Arhats and to request for their blessings. The next evening, while my parents went to watch the evergreen Frances Yip concert, I went to another puja - 400 grand offerings puja for clearing of obstacles and purifying of negative karma.

Then on Sunday, met up with my entire family, aunts, uncles, cousins to celebrate Mothers' Day. We had a picnic in Botanic Gardens. We had so much food that we almost became Botanic Gluttens! It was a really wonderful gathering and being close to nature, although if there weren't that many mosquitoes, it would have been ideal....

The only regret this year is that I didn't fast on Vesak Day. Last year, I had taken the Precepts vows at 6am and do fasting for the rest of the day. And I had fast on many special occasions. But I could not do it this time, because of my gastrics problem. I hope many people have spent their Vesak Day well, because it is said that on this day, all good merits will multiply millions of times.


Tayata om muni muni maha munaye soha ! (Shakyamuni Buddha's mantra)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...