Saturday 28 July 2007

$20 note


The new $20 polymer note has been launched to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Currency Interchangeability Agreement between Singapore and Brunei. The commemorative notes were launched by Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and the Brunei Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah at a ceremony in Bandar Seri Begawan. Three million of the Singapore $20 commemorative notes had been into circulation through the banks, starting 16 July.

When Rich Friend was showing me excitedly her hard-to-get two pieces of the $20 notes, my eyes widened as one of the notes had exactly my IC number on it! So I forced her to give me that note! Haha, because it's such a rare coincidence, with 5 numbers all identical to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...