Saturday 14 February 2009

Happy Friendship Day


I read a posting by Confessions of a Human Being and could not agree more with what she wrote. I empathise with her on her feelings. Sometimes it happened for no real reason. Sometimes you just stop trying on certain things and just let it go, even though you know in your heart, you will never let go. Below was what she wrote.

The last time I saw her was during her wedding in 2006. The last time I contacted her was her birthday about ten days ago. The time before last was her birthday last year. I make it a point to send my friends a birthday wish on their birthday even if they didn't do the same.

When somebody send you a message on your birthday, I guess you will never ask them who they are even if you don't recognise the number. You'll reply them a simple word of thanks. She did not lose my number. My name and contact had been sitting in her memory card all these years and my name only appeared once every year. Hers never. When you look at the figure it is only 1/365 percent. It's not that I didn't try, just that I got tired of trying.

Time after time and year after year. Coffee sessions never materialise even when it was initiated by the other party. I did not want to demand a friend's time, so I let it go. Again, again and again because I thought there will always be a next time. If only I knew there is no such thing as "always a next time"..

Like all relationships, when you stop asking for your fair share of attention, the other party stop allocating it for you. Sometimes you stop demanding because you understand their situation. Fact is, they didn't know the fact. Maybe they thought you didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...