Friday 20 February 2009

HK style Taiwan mee sua

Seen my old doctor in my old neighbourhood, because the previous medicine and the chinese medicine also did not helped me much. The chinese medicine was trying to help me purge out all the phlegm in my throat but it made my throat extremely itchy all the time that I kept coughing non-stop. Aaarrggghhh it was so bad the cough kept me awake at night, because once I laid down in bed, the cough started. This was not the first time Chinese medicine took such a long time to heal me.

So desperate I was to get well, I went to see my old neighbourhood doctor who knew all my allergies, what I could take and what could not. I asked for anti-biotics that I could take. She gave me 5-day medication. Let's see if it will work this time! I dread cough because once in 2005 or 2006, I had cough for 3 months on and off (we Chinese termed this the 100-day-coug
h). I certainly do not want this current cough to stretch to 100 days!

Found a packet of Mee Sua (longevity vermicelli) which mom bought from Taiwan (Taiwan is famous for their Mee Sua) and it was about to expire soon. And it was Taro Mee Sua. So decided to whip up my simple lunch. I fried an egg, and pieces of bacon. Then I cook the soup base with chicken stock, added the Mee Sua and some veggies (chye sim). When cooked, I poured the Mee Sua in the bowl, and added the egg and bacon on top as garnish. My nice simple refreshing lunch was ready in 15 minutes.

Taro or no taro, there was no slightest taste of taro but the Mee Sua did looked greyish-purplish. The egg and bacon were nicely blendly with the soup noodle. I think this should be Hong Kong style - with fried egg and ham (except I used bacon). I like anything bacon as it was very fragrant and the little saltiness of bacon added a dash of flavour to the simple Mee Sua.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...