Thursday 5 February 2009

Quite a mean wanton mee

Ok, I know I have been posting about food. But couldn't help it whenever I found or cooked something nice / very horrible, I got to share.

I was in Katong today, was very hungry as it was already almost 3pm way past lunch time and I had not eaten. Went Roxy Square, there was a coffeeshop inside on the first floor and one of the stalls was selling quite a mean plate of Wanton Noodle. The stall name was Bei-Ing 美樱, and they were selling wanton mee on one side and another side packet Nasi Lemak. Even Martin Yan's photo was on its wall.

Again for Wanton Mee, one of the most important factor is the noodle. The mee-kiah was very chewy and just right, not as soggy as most stalls and not as hard-QQ as the Hong Kong type. There were fried wanton, steamed wanton, and char siew (pork). It was not a big portion but it was very enjoyable. I did not even need a lot of chilli. And the drinks stall sell a mean cuppa authentic Kopi-C as well. Next time I would try their packet Nasi Lemak and Otah, in the cool comfort of the aircon coffeeshop.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...