Thursday 26 February 2009

Sleepyhead

I am overwhelmed with sleepiness. I don't know why. Last night I was so sleepy that I slept 10 hours straight. Today when I woke up, I was still sleepy. Whoever said you do not need alot of sleep as you grow older?? I had been craving sleep for the past few days. At bedtime, I could not even hold onto a magazine or book for a minute before I dozed off. Maybe I am at the post-stage of recovery from the bad cough. Maybe I have a few urgent things on hand (eg. paying bills, replying emails, arranging to meet someone) to do that my natural instinct was to avoid and sleep? Maybe my body is getting jealous and telling me to stay away from the other party - the laptop.

The internet is the main culprit which deprived me of sleep most of the time, because once you were online, you had dozens of things to do - work, surf, blog, play, read, chat, explore, learn and being in touch with friends. A Facebook friend sent me this, which said "I LOVE my computer because my friends live in it". Isn't it sound a little too sad? Well, I suppose staying in touch with friends online is not as costly as going out with friends, especially when you have overseas friends. In times like this, I guess we have to be selective on how we spend our money, what we do and where we go, and also what company we go out with. To me, catching up with friends need not be a costly affair; we can go for a stroll and chat at the beach or somewhere quiet, or we can meet up at each other's place and laze. Or worse come to the worse, just sms with each other. That's how I keep in touch with friends. But first, I need my beauty sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...